- Be active in your troop and patrol for at least 6 months as a Star Scout.
- Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath (Promise) and Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Earn 5 more merit badges (so that you have 11 in all), including any 3 more from the required list for Eagle.*
- While a Star Scout, take part in service projects totaling at least 6 hours of work. These projects must be approved by your Scoutmaster.
- While a Star Scout, serve actively 6 months in one or more of the positions of responsibility listed in requirement 5 for Star Scout (or carry out a Scoutmaster-assigned leadership project to help the troop).
- While a Star Scout, use the EDGE method to teach a younger Scout the skills from ONE of the following seven choices, so that he is prepared
to pass those requirements to his unit leader's satisfaction.
a) Second Class - 7a and 7c (first aid)
b) Second Class - 1a (outdoor skills)
c) Second Class - 3c, 3d, 3e, and 3f (cooking/camping)
d) First Class - 8a, 8b, 8c, and 8d (first aid)
e) First Class - 1, 7a, and 7b (outdoor skills)
f) First Class - 4a, 4b, and 4d (cooking/camping)
g) Three requirements from one of the Eagle-required merit badges, as approved by your unit leader.
- Take part in a Scoutmaster conference
- Complete your board of review.
* Choose any of the 15 required merit badges in the 12 categories to fulfill requirement 3.
NOTE: The footnote to Requirement 3 means that, for example, a Scout can use both Lifesaving AND Emergency Preparedness and/or Swimming, Hiking, AND Cycling toward the requirement of 4 from the required list for Eagle when working toward Life Scout.
* Choose any of the 15 required merit badges in the 12 categories to fulfill requirement 3. See requirement 3 in the Eagle Scout requirements for a list of badges required for Eagle.
NOTE: The footnote to Requirement 3 means that, for example, a Scout can use both Lifesaving AND Emergency Preparedness and/or Swimming, Hiking, AND Cycling toward the requirement of 4 from the required list for Eagle when working toward Star Scout.
Please note that Requirement 8 - (Complete your Board of Review) MAY be done AFTER the Scout' has reached age 18. All other requirements must be completed BEFORE the Scout's 18th Birthday.