Note that Eagle Palms are NOT considered "Ranks" by BSA.
After becoming an Eagle Scout, you may earn Palms by completing the following requirements:
- Be active in your troop and patrol for at least 3 months after becoming an Eagle Scout or after the award of last Palm.*
- Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath (Promise) and Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Make a satisfactory effort to develop and demonstrate leadership ability.
- Earn five additional merit badges beyond those required for Eagle or last Palm.**.
- Take Part in a Scoutmaster conference.
- Complete your board of review.
You may wear only the proper combination of Palms for the number of merit badges you earned beyond the rank of Eagle. The Bronze Palm represents 5 merit badges, the Gold Palm 10, and the Silver Palm 15.
* Eagle Palms must be earned in sequence, and the three-month tenure requirement must be observed for each Palm.
**Merit Badges earned any time since becoming a Boy Scout may be used to meet this requirement.
Please note that Requirement 6 - (Complete your board of review) MAY be done AFTER the Scout has reached age 18.
NOTE: Scouts who earn three Palms may continue to earn additional Palms in the same order - bronze, gold, and silver. All requirements for Eagle Palms must be completed before a candidate's 18th birthday.